Owned and operated by Momentum Generation alumni Benji Weatherley, Breakers Restaurant and Bar is the most authentic surf lifestyle bar and eatery on Oahu. But the name behind the establishment is just a part of the equation. For one, the decor is on point, with hand-me-down (from the pros) surfboards on the walls and rafters throughout the expansive square footage. Of course, food has something to do with accolades. Here is a breakdown of our favorite picks:
Best Breakfast and Lunch Orders at Breakers:
- Loco Moco (pictured above)
- North Shore Breakfast – Spam or portuguese sausage served with two eggs (any style) and white rice
- Mac Nut Pesto Benedict – Two poached eggs with grilled tomatoes, fresh spinach, and Breaker’s own macadamia nut pesto sauce on an english muffin topped w/house hollandaise sauce
- Breakers French Toast – Hawaiian sweet bread topped with powdered sugar, add caramelized banana and papaya
- Kalua Pork Omelette – Kalua pork, sautéed onions, and goat cheese sour cream
Located within the North Shore Marketplace, Breakers is also one of the few places in Haleiwa (which closes early compared to town) where you can grab a beer and watch a game well after sunset.