You may have seen an Uncle Bo’s while poking around Waikiki’s Kapahulu Avenue, but the Haleiwa one is something extra special. The North Shore has that affect on places. Heck, even the Starbucks and McDonald’s in Haleiwa have an air of country-side coolness about them. But we digress.
When it comes to casual dining and drinks on this end of the island it’s hard to beat Uncle Bo’s Pupu Bar & Grill. For one, the location is smack dab in the middle of Haleiwa Town, which makes it convenient whether you’re in the middle of shopping, coming from Ali’i Beach, or need to stick nearby a transit stop for your way back to the south shore. But as the name indicates, the real highlights are the pupus and cocktails. Below are our top picks.
Recommended Pupus at Uncle Bo’s Haleiwa:
- Boca Rota – Prime rib strips sautéed w/mushrooms in chili aioli w/garlic cheese brad
- Crispy Crab Cakes (with real crab)
- Six Little Piggies – crispy pork belly topped w/sweet Maui onion jalapeño relish
- Uncle Bo’s Dynamite Shrimp – w/garlic chili aioli and parmesan panko crust
- Bo’s Big Nachos (with Kalua pig)
Recommended Cocktails at Uncle Bo’s Haleiwa:
- Uncle Bo’s Peach Lemonade
- Mango Mui
- Molokai Mule
- Mai Tai