Forget Ruth’s Chris and the other four-dollar ($$$$) eateries in Waikiki. You’re on Oahu on vacation, so even the fine dining should deliver a taste of Hawaii. In Waikiki Beach that place-to-go is Roy’s at the end of Waikiki Beach Walk on Lewers Road.
Renowned chef Roy Yamaguchi delivers Hawaiian fusion cuisine using fresh local ingredients, European sauces, Asian spices, and unmatched creativity. There is definitive focus on seafood, but Roy’s offers a delectable spectrum of pupus (appetizers), entrées, and other dishes to satiate all in your ohana. The desserts are equally impeccable.
While you can’t go wrong with anything on the menu, here are our top picks:
Recommended Pupu at Roy’s Waikiki:
- Hawaii Kai Crab Cakes (also entree worthy)
- Okinawan Sweet Potato Bisque (w/coconut milk)
Recommended Entree at Roy’s Waikiki:
- Roy’s Wood-Smoked Szechuan-Style Baby Back Pork Ribs (pictured above)
- Macadamia Nut Crusted Hawaiian Fish
Recommended Cocktail at Roy’s Waikiki:
- Roy Yamaguchi’s Hawaiian Martini (w/infused pineapple)
Recommended Dessert at Roy’s Waikiki:
- Roy’s Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake